Books i've read | March & April

Mai 01, 2017


5130 pages in two months.. Pretty good for me! Also there were only awesome books – with two exceptions!

First I’ve read “Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel”, which was kind of a disappointment to me. It’s just a short summary of the book and you read it in one day – if you are slow. I guess it’s a good choice if you don’t want to read the whole book because as I said, it’s a good summary. The illustrations are beautiful, I really like the artist’s style! 




Over March I decided to read the whole “Mortal Instruments” series by Cassandra Clare in English, except the first one, which means 5 books  with minimum 400 pages each. I’ve read for days, the only  breaks were for food and a little sports session – it was perfect :D After the second season of “Shadowhunters” was over, I desperately needed more of the shadow world to survive this break!







In between there was “Thing Explainer” by Randall Munroe - a really short book with only 64 pages. It’s the author who wrote “What If”, which was a big success and one of my favorite non-fictional books. But in this book he used only the 1000 most common words – I explained in my review why this was not the best idea for a book like this. Click here for full review!






Next came “Strong & Beautiful” by Pamela Reif, a german fitness and beauty blogger, who wrote down tips and tricks for diet, fitness, hair and stuff about her life. It was the biggest disappointment of those two months! The book is soo beautiful, hardcover and full of photos and illustrations and cute pastel colours. But you will find barely new informations, if you follow her on Instagram and her blog – just the same topics and infos. Full german review here.




After I finished the “Mortal Instruments” series I went straight to the bookstore and bought “Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy” by Cassandra Clare and three other authors. This was one of the books I’ve missed in my shelf, because the shadow world is everything! :D The book was an easy-read, with Simon as a protagonist it only could get funny. You receive many information from the past of well-known shadowhunters and the academy itself. The Stories were a bit predictable but the storytelling is great and I really liked this book.





Next came “Red Queen” by Victoria Aveyard. Hm, I need to say the beginning was hard for me. I don’t know why but I needed like a third of the book to dive into the story. Maybe because I’ve read so much about the shadow world this month and this is a completely different fantasy world, I don’t know. But at some point the story got me and I couldn’t lay the novel aside! Full review will be uploaded soon :)




At the beginning of April I’ve read "Happiness project", which is kind of a self-help book written by Gretchen Rubin. She tells her story with the one year happiness project she invented, how she became happier without changing her whole life. I really enjoyed her way of writing and the story and I think it’s a book for many people, not only the ones who are “clearly” unhappy. Full review will be uploaded in a few days :)







After that I needed a fictional book, I decided to read “Reckless” by Cornelia Funke, which stood untouched in my shelf for years. After I finished it I really don’t know why I didn’t start earlier! Cornelia Funke is just one of the best german authors and her style of writing is unique and awesome. The fairytale-like story was super fascinating and thrilling, so I had to read it in only two days – also I have to buy the following books of this trilogy. 





In between I bought a few fitness magazines like Shape, Inside Fitness, Woman’s Health.. Inside Fitness is definitely the best of those, it’s more about weightlifting, health and nutrition while the others have many pages about fashion and fitness gadgets. 



In the second half of April I finished “A Monster Calls” by Patrick Ness in only one day. Omg it was such a fascinating book, it made me cry and laugh so often. Absolutely well written and the illustrations are on point! Click for full review.










1 Kommentar:

  1. Süße Katzensocken ;-)
    Das müssen Sie lesen, sehr gut: Hillbilly-Elegie: Die Geschichte meiner Familie und einer Gesellschaft in der Krise

    AntwortenLöschen

Powered by Blogger.